Hotel Receptionist/Shift Leader
|Salary:||£ 17,825 Per Annum|
|Salary Details:||Pro Rata|
Do you fancy spending the Summer in Jersey?
A fabulous opportunity has arisen to work at a Resort Hotel on the Island of Jersey for the Summer! The role is offered on a Seasonal contract until December 2017. Working as a Reception Shift Leader you will provide a hospitable, courteous and professional service to guests. With the responsibility of ensuring the smooth and tidy operation of Reception, assisting in the arrival and departure of all guests by providing a prompt and efficient service and answering any queries fully.
Main Duties include:-
• To check handover diary, function sheet and house status for the day at the beginning of the shift to be fully aware of the events occurring in the Hotel. To be able to inform guests on the event location, purpose, time of start/finish etc. and to know how to find this information if not readily available. To take responsibility, check over and log the contents of the safe. Also ensuring the reception team also are fully versed with the hotels events.
• Ensuring guests are received in a welcoming and courteous manner by the front office department and all telephone enquiries are answered promptly.
• Monitoring all guest accounts, ensuring postings are correct, that guests credit limits are followed up and advise the FOH manager of any discrepancies.
• To answer telephones and operate the switchboard, assisting reservations whenever possible. To communicate with other Hotel Departments to ensure guest satisfaction. This includes for example:
• Housekeeping – informing them of guest check out and room vacancies for cleaning
• Food and Beverage Department – Restaurant reservations and requirements
• Conference and Banqueting – Function reservations and enquiries.
• To take reservations, advising guest on rooms, special offers and rates. Booking the room, taking deposit and confirming with the client.
• Assisting with on the job training to the reception team on reception procedures and policies
• Ensuring all banking procedures are followed for both computerised and manual banking in line with company procedures.
• To attend the weekly HOD meeting in absence of the Head Receptionist and any other meetings you are requested to attend.
Suitable candidates will have previous Reception experience. Applications will be considered if you have previous Reception experience and are now looking to move into a Supervisory role within a larger hotel. This position is offered on a Seasonal contract basis working 40 hours per week on a 5 day rota working across 7 days and will involve early and late shifts. There is a sole occupancy live in option which is full board at a cost of £360.00 per month. What a great way to spend the Summer on the beautiful Island of Jersey! Do contact us today- immediate interviews are taking place!