- "They are passionate about what they do and have real tenacity to keep going, even with particularly challenging roles."
It seems ‘super foods’ have been the trendiest options on the food menu’s over the last year. The usage of the super food ‘quinoa’ has more than double since the winter of 2014 and is currently on the menu’s at Nando’s, Leon, Hilton and O’Neils. Also due to a new legislations this year ‘Allergens’ have to now be mentioned on menus therefore you will now notice a rise of this on food menus.
What's in and what's on its way out of British shopping baskets, according to the Waitrose consumer trends report 2015?
What food we loved in 2015....
• Coconut – Its health benefits seem to be endless.
• Fermented foods (such as pickle) – Who would of thought fermenting foods would be the trendiest pastime of 2015 with it being great for our gut health.
• Rapeseed oil - With reports that olive oil should be kept out of the frying pan, we turned to rapeseed oil to sauté our veggies. We fell in love with the buttery, nutty taste of the cold pressed variety and enjoyed its health-boosting credentials.
• Spiralizers - The trend for turning vegetables into noodles had the nation in a spiralizing spin and sales of spiralizers soared
• - It was 2014's Christmas must-have and its popularity has not dwindled. Pre-chopped convenience packs of frozen fruit are now more popular than frozen pizzas in Waitrose.
Food and Drink predictions for 2016;
Going into the new year it looks like ‘super foods’ are still going to be a favourite amongst consumers and on food menus. Also with the media creating moral panics around high sugar, red meat and saturated fat diets and what negative effects these food have on our health, different super foods are looking like they will be around and a trend for the long term!